The contemporary woman moves unquestionably after darkness for a professional and social life. Whether you enjoy alcohol or have a dry night, getting home late may pose a threat to a lady’s safety. Most women would agree that they prefer to book a taxi or a cab because they feel safe in a closed car, but are they locked in a vehicle?
Unfortunately, it is true that incidents of crime can also occur in public transport, including cabins or taxis. Being empty and aware of the environment is a must for her when she travels alone in darkness. Take a deep look at some safety tips that all women should remember when traveling alone.
• Book only a cab that is legally registered- It’s important to know how registered cabs look, so you don’t get into any car that claims to be a taxi but doesn’t have a legal registration.
• Keep track of reputable cab reservations in the city- Save the number of reputed cab service providers in the city and stick to cab reservations only. The drivers undergo strict background checks and can therefore be traced in case of any malfunction.
• Be careful when booking a taxi-If she orders a cab in a public place, she should be aware and observant while specifying her address. In order to ensure the utmost security, she should avoid giving the full address to ensure that listeners do not glean too much information. There are also cab companies that can book taxis online on the same day. If you’re sure when you leave home, it’s always a good idea to book a taxi online to avoid a last minute rush.
• Always sit back- In order to avoid crime, it is always imperative to maintain a generous distance between the driver and you.
• Always stick to professional conversation- While some taxi drivers are chatty, it is always advisable to keep the conversation as low as possible and this should also be professional, especially when traveling late at night.
• Always keep your loved number on the speed dial- Mishappening does not come after you have been informed and it is therefore crucial to remain vigilant and alert all the time. Always keep your loved number on the speed dial so that you can easily connect to it in the event of a malfunction.